Farewell Merlin.

Assalamualaikum.
SPOILERS ALERT**

Tumblr_mfq6wohwwx1qd52doo1_500_large

Oh, the tears. I am sorry. I was supposed to do the 'wordless' post, but I couldn't!!! And this post will contain spoilers, from the season finale TT_TT And please forgive me for putting too much pictures in this post but... I can't help it! Lemme cry! Lemme cry all to myself! :'(

The previous post was about the epic finale of Twilight. And now...? Merlin? Seriously? I started to gain obsession to both in the same year and they are ending in the same exact year, too?! My heart's breaking again. *not breaking dawn -_-* After posting my last entry, I watched the last episode of Merlin.... The Diamond of the Day Part 2 (WHY IS EVERYTHING SUDDENLY HAS PARTS?!! =.=)

Camlann_by_theirydioner-d5mhcna_large

In the last episode, Merlin told Arthur he had magic. And all the time he was holding back tears, but there were numerous amount of water coming out from his eyes, anyway. And also, ME. I was crying WITH him! "Arthur, I'm a sorcerer. I have magic." THE DAM BROKE AND KEPT ON BREAKING! T..T Arthur didn't want to believe him, but the tears convinced him that Merlin was speaking the truth. After that Merlin showed his magic to Arthur.

And guess what Arthur did? He asked Merlin to leave! He suddenly hated the sight of Merlin! Merlin was crying you freaking stupid Arthur!! *sorry for being emotional but I'm Team Merlin xD*

At the time, Arthur was dying from Mordred's blade cutting into his guts. It was a blade forged in a dragon's breath so nothing could survive it. So Merlin had to take Arthur to the Lake of Avalon to ask the sidhe into curing Arthur. It was the slowest journey ever, but the most touching T_T Finally Arthur realized all this while Merlin was protecting him. I CRIED AGAIN AND AGAIN!
"All these years, Merlin... you never sought any credit." - Arthur to Merlin

Tell me how could I not cry upon hearing this?! TELL ME!

Tumblr_mfr3ejigga1r854ito1_500_large

Arthur: Why are you doing this? Why are you still behaving like a servant?
Merlin: It's my destiny. As it has been since the day we met.
Arthur: I tried to take your head off with a mace.
Merlin: And I stopped you using magic.
Arthur: You cheated!
Merlin: You were going to kill me!
Arthur: I should have.
Merlin: I'm glad you didn't.
And then Gwaine and Percival do the stupidest thing ever. They went for Morgana themselves.... And Gwaine got tortured the truth out of him, and when Percival reached him, Gwaine said, "She's riding for Avalon. I failed." Then he died! T_________T NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I was screaming so bad...........on Twitter -_- WHY MORGANA WHY! WHY!!!

*tears streaming down my cheeks*

You shouldn't have trust him, Arthur. NEVER trusted Mordred.

Don__t_trust_him____by_1shewolf1-d5ntcw0_large

Arthur: Why did you never tell me?
Merlin: I wanted to, but...
Arthur: What?
Merlin: You'd have chopped my head off.
Arthur: I'm not sure what I'd have done.
Merlin: And I didn't want to put you in that position.
Arthur: That's what worried you?

Do you blame me for crying T___T

I'd always cried watching Merlin. Because he sacrificed too much, and no one knew except for Gaius. Lancelot would have known, but he was dead. DEAD. And Mordred, but he turned evil. There was always a price for knowing Merlin's secret.

Tumblr_mft7h1xgmv1qi89k0o1_500_large

"Some men are born to plough fields, some live to be great Physicians, others to be great kings. Me, I was born to serve you, Arthur. And I'm proud of that. And I wouldn't change a thing."

Arthur: Merlin... whatever happens...
Merlin: Sush! Don't talk.
Arthur: I'm the King, Merlin. You can't tell me what to do.
Merlin: I always have. I'm not going to change now.
Arthur: I don't want you to change. I want you... to always... be you. I'm sorry about how I treated you.
Merlin: Does that mean you'll give me a day off?
Arthur: Two.
Merlin: That's generous.

Tumblr_mfm1nmnbpc1r3ufyuo1_500_large

After Merlin killed Morgana, Arthur couldn't hold on any longer. T__T
Arthur: All your magic, Merlin, and you can't save my life.
Merlin: I can. I'm not going to lose you.
Arthur: Just, just... just hold me. Please. There's something I want to say...
Merlin: You're not going to say goodbye.
Arthur: No, Merlin... everything you've done. I know now. For me, for Camelot. For the kingdom you helped me build...
Merlin: You would have done it without me.
Arthur: Maybe. I want to say... something I've never said to you before... thank you (Arthur closes his eyes)
Merlin: Arthur... hey! No! Arthur! (Louder) Arthur!
(Arthur opens his eyes briefly but passes away)
Merlin: Arthur! Arthur!
Then, the knowingly wise Merlin had come to think of calling the freaking dragon and I was like asdfghjkl he should have called Kilgharrah in the first place :(( And the dragon answered its master, flying straight to Merlin's side and flew them to the Lake of Avalon. And there... Merlin tried....

The Great Dragon: Merlin... there is nothing you can do.
Merlin: I've failed.
The Great Dragon: No, young warlock, for all that you have dreamt of building has come to pass.
Merlin: I can't lose him! He's my friend!

Tumblr_mfpjqecy2p1r1ppgyo1_500_large

And The Great Dragon flew away, leaving Merlin mourning for Arthur alone.

Tumblr_mfr06f1peg1rznzppo1_500_large

The scene shifted to the castle where Guinevere was sitting on her throne, giving a nod to Sir Leon. And he announced, "The King is dead. Long live the Queen!" with Percival kneeling in front of the Queen, Gaius looking bold as usual, but there was no sight of Merlin.

I then knew... Merlin's place is by Arthur's side. When Arthur didn't return, so did he.

Then there was this annoying lorry coming across the screen and an old man was walking near a lake. I guess he was still waiting for someone to 'rise'. Showing how devoted he was as a servant.

"Though no man, no matter how great, can know his destiny, some lives have been foretold, Merlin... Arthur is not just a king, he is the Once and Future King. Take heart, for when Albion's need is greatest, Arthur will rise again. It has been a privilege to have known you, young warlock. The story we have been a part of will live long in the minds of men." - Kilgharrah, The Great Dragon

Tumblr_mfn0ubjg2o1r7lfr2o2_r3_250_large

Thank you, Merlin. Farewell. Goodbye Colin Morgan.

Comments

Popular Posts