Never be someone else.

“Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart. Don't be concerned about whether people are watching you or criticizing you. The chances are that they aren't paying any attention to you. It's your attention to yourself that is so stultifying. But you have to disregard yourself as completely as possible. If you fail the first time then you'll just have to try harder the second time. After all, there's no real reason why you should fail. Just stop thinking about yourself.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt, You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life
I used to want to be someone else rather than be myself. I used to be another person. But people change, every day we're a different person each day. We experience things, see things, face scenes. Somehow something inside us changes, too. Whether we realize it or not, we are changing as each moments passes. We're completely a different person than we were two hours ago. Something might have happened in the two-hour time that could alter us.

I see other people. I see their perfection and then I look at myself, in the mirror. I'm nowhere near perfection. But that doesn't really matter. What matters is that there are people out there that truly love me for who I am. That accepts me with all my imperfections. That supports me whenever I'm out or truly lost. Though sometimes I feel I'm not worth it, but love is a strange thing, the strangest. I look around, I'm glad I'm surrounded by people that complete me.

If I am given the chance, I'd want to be someone else. I want to be perfect. I want to look into the mirror and see a perfect girl without flaws, that smiles with true happiness with no lines of troubles in the forehead and the two pools of eyes bear nothing than enthusiasm.

But I know, even if someone offered to change me, I don't want to change myself. I am who I am today, who I was in the past and who I will be in the future. I just want to stay this way, careless and clumsy and fussy, because this is me, made of the things I've faced since I was born. I am me. I won't be anyone else. I don't want to.

My name is Fatin Athirah Azmi.
But people call me Fifiey.
I am seventeen years old. I was born in 1996.
I like to read.
I like to blog.
I like to make my friends laugh.
I like to tell stories to my friends.
I love my family.
I care about my family so much.
I love my friends.
I feel protective of my friends.
I appreciate everything I have in life.
I am easily distracted, emotionally.
When I'm angry, I stay quiet, I don't talk to anyone.
I don't like people giving orders to me.
I like cartoons, so what?
I like Merlin, Twilight, Harry Potter, The Infernal Devices, Percy Jackson.
I fall in love, I have crushes.
I want to be a doctor.
I want to go to Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland.
I want to run away from Malaysia for a while.
I want to learn to live by myself.
I'm sensitive.
I miss Rasulullah.

And I am me.
No one can change that.

“Just remember to always be yourself and don’t be afraid to speak your mind or to dream out loud” ― J.A. Redmerski, The Edge of Never

Comments

Popular Posts