Day 2: A book that you’ve read more than 3 times

Assalamualaikum

Hi again, I know I'm late but I'm not guilty. I'd spent a whole day reading and I finished Raven's Gate and am in the middle of Evil Star. Yay me!

Day 2: A book that I've read more than 3 times

The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

I wasn't into aliens and science-fictions before but then there was something tugging at me to search about The Host (maybe a while after I had finished Breaking Dawn) and I ended up reading the plot summary on wiki. Instantly I went around my house to find the book (because I sort of threw the book somewhere after I bought it since I didn't find it interesting).

(I wasn't into aliens and stuffs, but then there was I Am Number Four, so since then...)

It was a relief to get my hands on the book. The first few chapters were undoubtedly boring, but the story developed more and more when Wanda wandered around for Jeb's cave. I instantly hated Jared for his violence towards Wanda, I mean, come on, don't be cruel, Jared!

I don't know why, but yesterday's entry was also about a hero I hate (Dimitri), and today, Jared Howe. But Dimitri wins. No one loses to Dimitri, even in the most-hated-hero competition.

1656001

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

I read The Host several times because I really love Wanda, to the core. I mean, she was so nice and innocent and inhumanely kind. Of course, she wasn't human. She was a soul, a worm-like creature that could be inserted into a human's body. Also, because somewhere in the world, out there, there may be a person like Wanda.


1. Wanda and Ian
It was complicated, yes, with Wanda's conflicted feelings for Jared because of Melanie's feelings (you'd find this complicated). But, don't you wish there was someone like Ian for you? He was the perfect one for Wanda, never even really cared what she was, as long as she was his Wanda. Ian O'Shea, too sweet to be true.

He held Wanda in her purest form in his hands, hugging Wanda's soul because he loved her damn well.

2. Wanda and Jamie
Jamie was Melanie's brother. He was one of the firsts to believe Wanda was unlike any other souls that inhabited their hosts. Jamie knew Wanda was different, and he believed Wanda when she told her that Melanie was still in alive somewhere in the body.

He trusted Wanda and was the one to choose the perfect host for Wanda in the end.

The Host
Ian and Wanda

3. Wanda and Jeb
Jeb trusted Wanda and that was all that mattered. He found the cave, so he had the sole authority to either protect Wanda or throw her out. Jeb believed Wanda and found Wanda interesting. In fact, he gave Wanda the name 'Wanda'.

If there were no Jeb, Wanda would be long dead.

4. Wanda and Doc
Doc was a doctor, obviously. He was one of the friends Wanda had in the cave. Most of the people in the cave didn't trust her, but Doc did. Wanda trusted Doc, too. When Wanda was about to die (she made Doc promised her that he would take her soul out from Melanie's body and bury it), Doc had said, "The universe will be a darker place without you," and I cried really hard.

5. Wanda and Melanie
See, they were both in the same head. At first Melanie hated Wanda but she learned to love Wanda as her sister in the end. They relationship bloomed until Melanie was willing to let Wanda continue living in her body, but Wanda, being the pure soul she was, couldn't let Melanie be lost as long as she lived in Mel's body.

Untitled
She looks creepy T_T

I don't usually read books or watch movies more than once, but The Host and Breaking Dawn were the only exception (oh and Clockwork Angel, too). Reading The Host for more than three times? I don't even know why, maybe because I was touched by Wanda's innocence and kindness. And maybe because there were many parts on trust and family.

(and every time I read the book, I'd sob helplessly)

It's a great book. I prefer it to be just one book, but Stephenie Meyer decided to make a sequel. Seriously, the ending was perfect. I see no reason to make a sequel.

Bye.

Comments

  1. Stephanie Mayer tu orang yang sama buat Twilight ke?

    I'm so jealous of you! You read a lot of English books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Farah, ha'ah Stephenie Meyer author Twilight. Hehe!

    Yes, I do read English books a lot. Do you think that I will stop one day? :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder her name sounds so familiar.

    Do not stop reading, Fifiey! You're lucky to have this passion. Lagi-lagi rajin baca buku English.

    Saya baca Malay novels je masa high school. Bila masuk kolej baru start baca English novels. Sedih je :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Takyah laa sedihhh x)) at least baca jugak akhirnya kan? hehe

    dulu pun masa sekolah rendah and masuk form 1 saya baca buku Melayu je, AinMaisarah semua --" bila masuk form 2 baru start baca buku English.

    I have influence in the house. My elder sister is an English teacher and she likes reading, too (except not as obsessive as me *emoji gelak nangis*). She was the one to buy me all four Twilight books and that was the start of me reading English books.

    Sekarang ni semua orang dah malas nak belikan buku untuk saya sebab saya ni hantu buku *emoji gelak nangis lagi xD*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sister is so sweet! Nak juga ada orang belikan buku untuk kita.

    Sekarang ni, saya share je dengan adik saya kalau nak beli buku. Alhamdulillah, she has started to read English book. Lepas ni, insya Allah bolehlah bertambah koleksi buku English kami :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. sy sokmo scroll je kalau awk wat entry buku tapi hokni bace sebab napok wanda xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts