Day 4: Favorite book of your favorite series

Assalamualaikum

image

Day 4: Favourite book of my favourite series (The Infernal Devices)

CLOCKWORK PRINCESS

The finale of the series.

15746527

London 1873 shape-shifter Tessa Gray 16 is engaged to Jem Carstairs 17, dying of addiction to demon drug, all bought up by evil Mortmain. The "clockwork prince" controls an army of automatons to abduct Tess, kill the Shadowhunters, and blackmail Charlotte Branwell, head of London Institute. Will and Tessa hide their love, for love of Jem.

I don't know. There were so much feels in reading this book. The truth about Will, Tess. Jem dying. Jem and Tessa engaged to each other. Will backing off because he never wanted to break Jem or anything. He loved Jem too much to fight for Tessa. It was so good, I cried without willing the tears out.

I guess the books that make me cry are all my favourites T.T

It was when Jem was in his death bed (he didn't die literally but let's just call it his death bed), and everyone was busy searching the cure for his demon disease, with Tessa was missing... Jem asked Will to search for her and finally learned the truth about Will's feelings for Tessa. It was heartbreaking, okay? You can't imagine the love Jem had for Will, Will for Jem, Tessa for both of them argh it broke me

And the sacrifice Jem made, to leave everything, everyone behind, so that he could live. It tore my heart inside out. When Jem finally made his choice, the link severed, Will - on his journey to find Tessa - thought that Jem had died, it broke me again and again oh the agony

When Will and Tessa were finally together, and then all seemed well... All seemed too well, and in the end Tessa found her happiness.

PLEASE READ IT, ANYONE, SO THAT YOU CAN FEEL ME AS WELL I'M DROWNING HERE

Jem bit his lower lip, bringing color to the white skin. "And - forgive me for asking this - it is not a passing fancy, a transient regard...?" He broke off, looking at Will's face. "No," he murmured. "I can see that it is not."

"I love her enough that when she assured me that she would be happy with you, I swore to myself I would never speak of my desires again, never indicate my regard by word or gesture, never by action or speech violate her happiness. My feelings have not changed, and yet I care enough for her and for you that I would not say a word to threaten what you have found." The words spilled from Will's lips; there seemed no reason to keep them back. If Jem was going to hate him, he would hate him for the truth and not a lie.

Jem looked stricken. "I am sorry, Will. So very, very, sorry. I wish that I had known -"

Will slumped down in the chair. "What could you have done?"

"I could have called off the engagements -"

"And broken both your hearts? How would that have benefited me? You are as dear to me as another half of my soul, Jem. I could not be happy while you were unhappy. And Tessa - she loves you. What sort of awful monster would I be, delighting in causing the two people I love the most in the world agony simply that I might have the satisfaction of knowing that if Tessa could not be mine, she could not be anybody's?"

- Clockwork Princess

Comments

  1. Fifiey memang suka buku yang genre macam ni ke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Farah genre macam ni? whaddoyoumean? xD yep, myths, science-fiction, romance...

    memang kat rak buku tu ada dua tiga je buku yg genre normal human lives, yg lain tu...urm... x))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts