A Trip to Brunei: Day 1

Assalamualaikum.

Recently, I've had a vacation with my family to Brunei. Three days and two nights. Yang perginya, my parents and my unmarried siblings, Kakngah and Amuh and also me lah. We went with Royal Brunei Islamic Package (complete with transports, guides etc). A present for me from my parents, untuk result SPM. Okay.

So please, enjoy some pictures.

At the KLIA with my siblings

Walid and Ummi at KLIA

Aku yang gila selfie

Selfie again

At KLIA, lepas dah check-in and drop bagasi apa semua, we proceeded to the Money Exchange counters untuk tukar duit Ringgit Malaysia to Brunei Dollar.

Still them, Amuh and Kakngah

Hi

I'm sorry, making faces has become a trademark for my siblings *flips tudung*

KEMBAR TAK?!

As usual, bila dah lepas imegresen, kena naik tren (sebab usually kan international punya flight ada naik tren). Lama gila kot aku tak naik tren ni, rasa macam eksaited gila bila naik. Tu yang tak reti nak duk diam, asyik ambik gambar je xD

With my sister and Mom

After a while, it was time for us to board the plane. And........

Sempat lagi selfie on the way masuk plane xDDD

Still selfieing inside the flight

And I honestly don't know why I had to sit with Amuh right beside me. We're both gemok and berisi and the whole area became uncomfortable and sempitttttttt -_______- Masa tengah makan tu lagi ah. I wanted to sit beside Kakngah, but Amuh tak nak kasi aku keluar pffffffft. Gedikkkkk

Seeeeeeeee, nak duk sini!

I couldn't drift off during the whole flight because sempit and tak selesa and all that. Bila dah mata tutup sikit, tup tup makanan sampai. Oh, and all the stewardesses of Royal Brunei Airlines cover their heads (pakai tudung comellote la) perfectly. Before taking off, ada baca doa bermusafir lagi. Rasa macam whoaaaaa gila kot masa tu. Yelah yelah I tahu lah. Malaysia Airlines dan Air Asia takde buat macam tu semua, okayyy!

The flight took two hours.

Selfie at Brunei International Airport (the Arrivals sign back there is a must)

With Salleh our hotel driver

Ni Amuh. Dia single. Siapa nak, contact aku. K.

TAK. HABIS. HABIS. K.

Some part of the airport

Amuh wearing that, macam pergi negara 4 musim je -_-

I actually did feel like a foreigner (because I was)

Still at the airport

No one we know of, Kakngah taking candids

Selfie dalam van

See, told ya. Trademark

Where iz me

On our way to the hotel

Our hotel was Orchid Garden (but we wrote on the form yang biasa orang tulis untuk visit countries tu, Garden Orchid). The hotel is near the stadium.

Upon reaching the hotel

Ajak Ummi selfieyhhhh skalehhhh

In our suite

Free complimentary drinks (yang merah tu superbbbbb)

Rehat sat before starting our tour

Right next to the stadium, our hotel

The empty road of Brunei

Tak pernah lagi jumpa teh tarik dalam tin -_- Camane die tarik tu

Lepas solat jamak Zohor-Asar, aku dan Amuh tidur (Kakngah pun). Ummi dan Walid tidur jugak kot sikit, tapi aku dan Amuh la tidur macam tidur malam -_______- Before Maghrib, our driver and tourist guide arrived to take us to the mosque named Masjid Jame' Asr Hassanil Bolkiah (I think so lah nama dia hehehe).

Our tourist guide was Mina. Amuh and Kakngah aku lepas tahu nama Mina tu, sampai ke sudah duk "Samina mina e e waka waka e e" -_______- Teruk betul perangai. Then our driver was Pak Agus. His name is Agustus and I was like, "Augustus Watersssssssssssssssssss!" Even tho Pak Agus is nowhere near  Ansel Elgort, but! I was still fangirling lol

Family
The biggest dome is made of GOLD, like, a real one. Many of the the architectures are made of gold (or dipped) that I can't name which one is of gold and which one is not. Clearly the Sultan of Brunei waqafkan tanah untuk pembinaan masjid ini and he is a very rich sultan (of course lah, sultan kot). Orang Brunei tak mencuri, so that's why all the golds are all in place.

Kalau kat Malaysia?

Ummi: Kalau kat Malaysia, harini buat kubah emas, esok dah takde dah.
Amuh: Heisy!
Aku: ???
Amuh: Esok apanya, tak sempat buat, dah hilang dah emas tu. Pekerja ambik

xD

Hi there
We prayed jamak Maghrib-Isya' here. Inside the masjid was......boom! Subhanallah, gila cantik. (Tak boleh ambik gambar dalam masjid so takdelah). Brilliant sangat. Chandeliers made of crystals and gold and diamonds. After that, we wandered around the mosque and took pictures.

Posing engko

Posing kat tempat diraja

Sultan Brunei usually prays at this mosque during solat Jumaat if he's not sailing or stuff. So the place we were standing in the picture is actually laluan untuk sultan and his kerabat.

Sultan tak payah naik tangga, naik escalator.

Baca doa sket. Haha

Time ni baru habis solat Isya' kat masjid tu. So imam tengah baca doa, kita pusing masjid.

Haa, nampak tak pagar tu, tu emas betul tu (ye ke Fiey? rasanya lah xD)

Hi, I'm in Brunei!

With Amuh

Shortly after, we went for dinner dekat Restoran Aminah Ariff. Malay dishes. Quite okay la, but for me, no food tastes better than in Malaysia kbye.

Parents waiting for food

He's single (he asked me to include this here)

After we got ourselves full, Mina took us to the night market. Silap ah bawak pergi pasar malam masa orang dah kenyang semua. Tengok makanan rasa naik loya dah semua orang -_-

Intai intai makanan (bought some of the kueh)

I want fooooooooood

Some of the food

This guy here is making sate...kot

Kuih lapis macam yang Sarawak ke ni

These two are famous in Brunei, kira macam traditional food la

Penyaram tu rasa dia macam telinga keling je. Orang Terengganu panggil 'dderang' (okay I just Googled it, people call it 'denderam'). Selurut damit tu pun macam kuih orang kita jugak, but with a different name. Dah nama pun orang Melayu, mestilah kuih sama je. (that penyaram if eaten masa panas panas mesti sedap superb kot sebab masa makan yang dah sejuk pun sedap sangat)

WHAT'S BUYAH AGAIN?!

Nampak tak Amuh kenyang sangat tu (tapi beli cendol -_-)

Our time at the market was quite short and simple sebab semua dah kenyang, jadi nothing interesting was to be found there anymore hahahahaha. We were sent back to our hotel and aku pun nak mandi kolam kat stadium, but Mina said the hotel had its own pool, so I was like, "REALLY?! JOM MANDI SEKARANG!" so in the end, I ended up having the time of my life inside the pool with Kakngah and Amuh.


(had to use the safety pelampung sebab kaki tak jejak lantai pun)

I know how to swim, a bit, tapi dah lama sangat tak berenang. Kang tak pasal-pasal lemas kat Brunei -_-"


The view from the pool side

Aftah swimmin'

The selurut damit yang basi kfaing

Sejurus itu, we headed back to our hotel room and got cleaned and watched TV. I ate one of the selurut damit and dah boleh rasa macam nak basi (I continued eating it because I'm an eater). So in the middle of the night when both my siblings were asleep, I started having stomach ache that I had to use the toilet for a while. Argh. Dammit. SURE, SELURUT DAMMIT xDDDDD

Nothing much on the first day except that we were informed a bit about Brunei. There are no motorcycles on the road (only motorbike yang berkuasa tinggi, tu pun setakat aku kat sana, nampak dua buah je, on the first day). So the traffic is good. If only Malaysia were like that kan. Tak payah lah aku asyik duk membebel kat motorcyclists yang suka BAWAK MOTOR TENGAH-TENGAH JALAN. Tolong tepi sikit. *singing SleeQ's song*

Stay tuned for the upcoming posts (part 2 to 10 because I have a thousand pictures -_-).

Oh, and stay happy!

Comments

Popular Posts