Pain makes you stronger, they said?

It still pains me (a little) when someone asks, "Eh why you take English ah, why you not in Medic?"

Uh and usually those who ask this are of my family members (like aunts and uncles and cousins of sort), bcs they have known me since forever. Fifiey, the girl who dreamed of becoming a doctor.

What can I say, things change, as well as people do. I didn't want to leave my Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths behind but I guess the right path for me is to do so. This is the way for me.

Taking English for my degree wasn't on my bucket list. But I've loved English since...I don't know, forever? Lol. I don't mind it at all, because English IS the one thing I'm passionate about.

It's just that, when people ask me, "Why are you not taking Science?" it literally KILLS me inside, bit by bit. That question reminds me of my past, the one I want to leave behind. Reminds me of the shattered hopes and dreams, you know, those kind of hopelessness and heartbreak?

I've been trying so hard to move on, but it's going to take some time. I've accepted this, my path, but it's like taking a big leap from Science to English. It's huge, even for me.

I told my friend that I feel like I've given up with life, I'll just let life carry me on, not the other way round. I don't care anymore, I'll just... endure it.

The thing is, I know, for me, giving up is not an option, not now, not ever. I don't give up that easily, no one does. So... I guess I have to keep fighting, hm?

I've been meaning to post this on Facebook but there are people there. Hahahahahahahhah which means there are none here lol

Okbye

Comments

Popular Posts