If you love Harry Potter and Percy Jackson...

Hi there assalamualaikum!

Excuse me, I'm getting my booknerd mode on, and please bear with it! HEH!

Sooooooooooooooooooo, is there any Harry Potter or Percy Jackson's fans hereee?

(Nope, I can't heaaaaaaaaar youuuuuu)

(Uuuuuuuuuu who lives in the pineapple under the sea!)

Erm.

OK, I know there are like, a thousand billions of Potterheads around the world, including me. Except that I'm not thaaat hardcore, but I am somewhere in between a Muggle and a Wizard. If that makes any sense, since you know, it's either you're a Muggle or you're a Wizard. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN THIS IS NOT THE FAERY WORLD WE'RE TALKING ABOUT (excuse me I'm still getting over the final book in The Iron Fey series *lies down* *tries not to cry* *gives in to mental breakdown*)

So, just in case you're a very stubborn Muggle, this is the Harry Potter series

Also, there are also fans of Rick Riordan's UHHH-MAY-ZINGGGG series, Percy Jackson and The Olympians! (And the Heroes of Olympus) Everyone loves Percy Jackson, who wouldn't? That gorgeous sea-like creature lol and annoying and charming and of course, lovable! Best known for its crappy movies *sighs* Logan Lerman is bae... but they made ENORMOUS changes in the movies, leaving us behind with no more real-life Percy-in-action. :(


I'm talking about this obviously. Huehue.

OK, SO! If you really really really really are, in the HP and PJ's fandoms, I'm here to recommend you, uh, another series that you MIGHT want to put in your reading list (or should I say, waiting-reading list? Heh.)

The Chronicles of NICK!

Hmm I don't even remember how I found out about this series. I guess I was just wandering around the MPH bookstore and found the first book (it's Infinity) batting eyelashes at me, pleading me to take it and put it in my shopping basket *rolls eyes*. Books are like that, they tend to stare at you and make you feel guilty if you don't pick them up. And proceed to the nearest counter to pay them. *sighs* We live in a world where books are soooooo rottenly spoilt. *pats books on my shelves*

The first book was good, although there were some plot holes here and there (of course, there are going to be ten books altogether in the freaking series). And cliffhangers, boy, AUTHORS are freaking damn evil with their cliffhangers. Sherrilyn Kenyon is the master of cliffhangers. At least Rick Riordan does cliffhangers on SOME of his books. Sherrilyn does that TO ALL OF HER FRICKIN NICK CHRONICLES and YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER YEAR FOR THE NEXT BOOK

(Obviously every booknerds has experienced this kind of torment)

(Remind me to not buy book series with 10 books next time)

(Screw me)

The author, Sherrilyn Kenyon, is kinda famous for her other series, Dark Hunters series, I guess. I don't read that one, since it has 10 books and let me stick to emotionally unstable powerful teenage boys only, for now.


At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he's next on the menu.

As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that? - Infinity, Chronicles of Nick Book #1

Nick's friends consist of handsome and pretty demons, and other kinds of creatures that lurk within his life. And of course, Nick has a Mom, whom he loves so dearly that if she dies, it might be the end of Nick's "goodness". Nick also has his devilishly evil Daddy, that hates him to the core. But overall, his life is normal. Heh, nope, not a chance. OF COURSE, THAT'S ALWAYS THE CASE WITH ALLLLLLL THE TROUBLED BOY CHARACTERS FROM EVERY DAMN BOOK -_-

He's a doucebag, but also lovable. He's interesting and everything. I like his friend's character, Caleb, a lot, too. Caleb and Nick are two impossible best friends (though they wouldn't admit it, not in their lifetime) but their bond is so cuteeeeee, since Caleb is the brooding-I-hate-everything type and Nick is ALWAYS sarcastic and playful in every situation possible (kinda like Puck or Robin Goodfellow in The Iron Fey series, but with less prankster in him).

Ok erm I suck at this but maybe you should give it a try! (I don't know who read this blog anymore sighs) I'm currently at book six and I will patiently wait for another four years for this series to end :')

BYE!

Comments

Popular Posts