It's EnglishJer and Anwaq Hadi!

Assalamualaikum. Hi! I'm sorry for the emotional post before, but believe me, that was me being rather 'rational emotional' than 'emotional emotional'. Geddit? Lol.

So.... last night, I attended a forum...... paneled by Anwar Hadi and EnglishJer guy, Qayyum (the one in EJ's videos)! Of course, organised by our faculty punya society, FALCOM (Faculty of Language and Communication). They talked about English. Duh. It's EnglishJer, so of course that was what they talked about.



I might have gotten a tiny bit excited since I got to see Anwar Hadi face-to-face? And gotta meet the really cool guy Qayyum? Heh. They were so steady on the stage, with Qayyum being....so, casual and I don't know, AWESOME? x) Oh and of course, Anwar Hadi being cocky and funny as he always is. I'm not really a fan of Anwar Hadi, but yeah, I did watch his videos first before MatLuthfi's. In fact, I knew MatLuthfi through Anwar Hadi. Heh.

Watching from below the deck (eh? hahaha), I pasang angan-angan that one day I'd be just like Anwar Hadi. Eh? Hahahaha. I mean, he's literally an icon. Ikon Belia gittew, bukan Ikon Vape kays. Hiks! He told us that he wasn't much of a talker during his school days. (Seriously, tho, like, yeah... he chats a lot on his videos!) His teacher even said that he talks more in ONE video that all of high school years combined! -____- Well, he does talk a lot in his videos, and fast...

girl, valfre, and mirror image
Or you can talk in front of the mirror, go figure :p

His turning point started during his time at IPG Pulau Pinang. He failed to answer his lecturer's verbal question (he demonstrated how he TRIED to answer but it came out like a seal trying to speak human lol), and I guess what he meant to say afterwards was that his lecturer flipped him off after his awkward response. Well, that was when he realised that he needed to change. Being a TESL student, well, takkan budak TESL tetiba takleh speaking kot? So yeah, from then on, he started practicing.

He'd make a five-minute video each a day. He did that for three months, and he'd replay the videos and detect things that he shouldn't be doing. Like, using too much, "You know...", y'know? HAHAHAHAHAHA bye anwarhadi. And too much nose scratching. In doing so, it's just him judging himself. No one can judge you, except you. You'll only feel people judging you because YOU ALLOW THEM TO. And take this from Qayyum and Anwar Hadi, people WILL judge you regardless of what you do.

Also, a little something from Emma Swan to Regina on Regina's happy ending.
“The only one standing in the way of your happiness, Regina, is you."
Couldn't agree more with you, Swan ;)

Getting flashbacks from all the drawbacks I've made in my entire life, I realised that the one standing in my own happiness is... *sighs* myself. And if we let other people define who we really are, well, we're just doomed. We decide who we are and who we want to be. If Plan A doesn't work out, we have 25 more alphabets to work on with :)

I'm being a little too inspirational here, aye? Lol *emoji gelak nanges*

Qayyum and Anwar Hadi also touched on confidence in speaking English. Qayyum said that speaking English is just like speaking our mother-tongue language. It doesn't matter if it's a broken English or a perfect English, you'd just have to 'shoot'. I remember him asking, "Kita cakap Melayu ni betul ke tatabahasa? Tak, kan? So, what's the difference with speaking English?" OK EVERYONE I'M SORRY FOR BEING A GRAMMAR NAZI ALL THIS TIME K

Just talk. Even my memanah punya coach pun said (I'm sorry this sentence is too rojak), "Dulu saya tak pandai pun cakap English, tapi saya kena practice sebab saya kena pergi antarabangsa punya tournament and all that. Pronunciation and grammar saya teruk, tapi lama-lama orang dah tak kisah, dan practice makes perfect." Ok that's not what he said entirely but close la hehehe takkan everything he said I have to jot down, right? Habis la dakwat pen kalau camtu

They touched on how we are actually afraid of the audience. What will the audience say? What will they see in me? What will they think of me, with broken grammar and heart *eh*? Just as I said in my intro (eyes to the right section of my blog, people, please), people will judge regardless as what you do (I said this twice in this post lol). So, you know what? SCREW THEM. Number one rule of speaking; Don't give a damn of what people will think/say about you. You're in your way in creating your own happiness, don't let other people's opinion on you stop you from achieving your dreams!

Dream, quote, and work image

WOW I CAN BE A MOTIVATIONAL BLOGGER

The point is, the MAIN point of this post is to actually highlight about meself. I love meself, of course. #nohate #loveyourself but it's just that I've been too afraid to speak in front and stuff like that. Hohoho. I'm going to change that. I may be an introvert, but I want to be a brave introvert. Erm, ok. Kbye

I learned two things from this forum: 1) Screw judgmental people and 2) If you see the opportunity to do something, GRAB IT! DON'T LET IT GO!

Okay the latter is one I came out with after... After....

He was so nice I almost cried

After taking selfies with Anwar Hadi! *cries* Usually, being the shy girl I am, I'd just, "Eh takyah lah ambik gambar. Lain kali la" pala hotak kau lain kali kau ingat jumpa Anwar Hadi hari-hari ke makcik oi haaaaaa kan dah kena bebel dengan diri sendiri. So, gathering all the bits of courage I had in me (I didn't know I had them heh), I pulled Farah and Jasmin to the crowd of people buat halaqah around Anwar Hadi and struggled to take a selfie with him.

And I actually forcefully put my phone in his hand, and WALAHHHHHHHH, a selfie with Anwar Hadi, people! *the feeling is just the same when I first got to USJ's Hogwarts*

I saw the chance for a selfie with him, and I grabbed it!

Even if suddenly Anwar Hadi had to go already, at least I TRIED, right? But that didn't happen, so yeah. :D

Thank you EJ and Anwar Hadi for coming! Although the hall was damn hot *aircond rosak, with literally no fans and penyejuk ke apa, thanks*, you stayed with us to the end! Yelah takkan nak blah cemtu je. Sorry for making you sweat like you baru lepas mandi kehkeh. Please do come again in the future :))) I'd love to be the moderator.... Heh!

By the way, today, I did my first speech presentation in front of my class (actually second time, but the first one doesn't count since it's in BM) about meaningful object. WHEWWWWWWW! I took all the advice from Anwar Hadi and Qayyum and poured it in today's speech! The most important thing is: Be yourself. I got this from a friend during our time together as Fasilitator Pelajar. It works when you just be yourself. And I'm proud of meself. I love meself. And when Madam commented on my speech, I was really grateful. ^_^ You wanna know the strangest thing? I'm happy.

*eh terquote Oliver Queen plak hehehehe*

Eh but seriously. Since I masuk first degree ni, today is the day that I truly feel happy. I want to thank some people that are still trying to save me even though I'm in a deep sh*t (sorry hehe). I thought people didn't care, so yeah. Actually it was me pushing people away. I still do that, but, uh, I'm trying to fix that. ANYWAY, THANKS TO THOSE PEOPLE (they don't know this but it's OK) for giving a damn about me :')

And...

Take it from this socially awkward and emotionally-at-times girl, just believe in yourselves and whatever you do, do it for your own happiness. Don't be the one standing in your own happiness! LOVE YOURSELVES!!!

Comments

Popular Posts