Black Panther: Finally

Hiiiii assalamualaikum! I'm hereeee and guess what, of course I'm here because of A MOVIE! Mwehehe.

Image result for black panther

Apparently after a month (almost la) of Black Panther's first premiere, I got to watch the film!

F
I
N
A
L
L
Y

I don't intend for this post to be a movie review but no one will believe me, right? Including me. EHEHEH

See, the problem was I didn't have anyone to go watch the movie with. I've never went to the cinema to see a movie alone. And when it comes to Marvel movies, I usually go with my Marvel best buds: Piah and Kakti. Since they're not around, I don't have anyone. My closest circle of friends in UniSZA does not like superhero movies, so yeah here I am.

Until recently I'd been talking to another friend of mine, Che Qah we call her (we're classmates but only this semester I got the chance to be in the same group with her) about Black Panther. She hadn't seen it, too, along with her beauty gang: Ila, Dhor, and Thivia.

Hence, today!

I'd like to give a lot of stars to this movie but I didn't get the excitement watching it like I watched other Marvel movies. YEAH THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE WITH SPOILERS AND SCENES AND SHOTS AND STILLS POSTED ON INSTAGRAM, TWITTER AND EVERYWHERE ELSE ON EARTH

It felt like I've seen all the pictures everywhere. The screencaps. The captions. The words. Everything. It's not a surprise anymore. One scene got me like, "Whoaaa!" and then the next scene, "I've seen this somewhere....damn." Okay, people if you're excited for a movie, go watch it ASAP don't wait until people post spoilers everywhere

I'm most excited when we were introduced to Shuri. I mean, WHAT? Who DOES NOT like the girl? FIGHT ME IF YOU HATE SHURI she's a total angel and genius, like Cisco + Felicity + Ray + Harrison Wells combined. And because of her, I had been extra careful on Instagram not to read anything spoiler-y about her. She's just PERFECT

Image result for t'challa

T'Challa IS ALSO BAE! BAE FOREVAA hshshshshs I really like his relationship with Shuri, they're like, ultimate sibling goals. He's a conflicted man (and he broods a lil bit like Oliver Queen too *rolls eyes*) but he LEARNS. That is a freaking lesson for EVERYONE OKAY you don't jump to conclusions, you hear all sides of the stories and you give space to yourself to accept the truth although it stings!!!! Most importantly you never freeze, T'Challa foreva!!! (except that one time when you froze like an antelope in headlights)

But the most powerful impact the movie gave off is GIRL POWER!!!!!!!! The personal royal bodyguards are all women, the Dora Milaje. I mean, like, I thought Okoye was there because she's T'Challa's good friend who's also a fighter but then, BAM! She has a group of women who dressed just like her and THEY'RE THE ROYAL BODYGUARDS WHOSE DUTY IS TO PROTECT THE KING OF WAKANDA #WakandaForeva

I'm feeling super ecstatic about this because 1) I'm a girl, duh; and 2) Girl power is the issue I'm going to address in the thesis for my final year.

Image result for dora milaje

There's also Nakia, T'Challa's ex girlfriend or whatever. She's awesome and all, but for the sake of Wakanda (and everyone watching), JUST MARRY T'CHALLA AND BE QUEEN ALREADY these two smh they're killing me throughout the whole movie. Her relationship with T'Challa isn't that PDA or anything she's just that kind of girl who supports her man whenever, wherever, she's the woman behind every successful man. She is absolute BAE #PleaseBeWakandanQueenASAPThanks

Coming back to Dora Milaje, Okoye is DA BEST THING IN THE MOVIE she's just so savage I'm sure everyone is aspired to be like here. That scene with that rhino thing - she's the freaking queen of sass. No one would wanna mess with her. Well, I wouldn't.

My last point here is gonna cause a stir. I don't get it why people on social media are glorifying Erik Killmonger like he'd done something noble. Yeah yeah he's been wronged when he was a child, but that doesn't mean you have to go around killing a lot of people just to get revenge??? That does not make him worthy of any "villains with good intention" title.

All villains think they have good intention. Guess what, they don't. That's why they're VILLAINS.

****************************************

I think I'm gonna give it a solid 8/10. Supposed to be 9 but minus one 'cause I didn't get the chills and feels (thanks to spoilers). T'was a nice day, hanging out with friends.

We planned on going for sushi because Bonanza is here, but the queue was .................... unbearable, so we just went to Plan A (it's a food place). I ate salted egg chicken with rice and chicken chop because I'm a person with no self-control.....

That's all, bye!

Comments

Popular Posts