Summer in the United Kingdom!

Assalamualaikum and hi, everyone! Alamak lamanya tak update blog ni. Last update bulan Mac ke? I've been slacking off in the blogging world, haven't I? Adulthood does that to bloggers sometimes, I guess. Hehehehe adult la sangat. I even missed Hari Raya post :')

Never mind that, I was actually busy in March, April, and May because it was the half-end of my sixth semester, so mestilah busy dengan pelbagai assignments, and I had to complete my research proposal. Whew, who knew I'm one step closer to completing my own thesis, eh? So that was why. And then we got Ramadhan, and Hari Raya. After that I had to prepare for my holiday... in the UK!


Yep, United Kingdom! Who would've thought *crying*! Back in February or March, Alya invited me to go to her graduation ceremony because her parents couldn't go, so she asked me if I could come. Of courselah I could kan but I had to ask my dad first. I don't know where I got the courage to ask him on the same day Alya asked me but I did.

My mom and dad and me sending me off <3

I retold the story of how Alya's parents couldn't attend her convocation, and asked him very subtly during dinner, "Boleh tak nak gi tengok Alya grad? Kesian dia parents takleh gi." Walid didn't even hesitate. He was just like, "Ha, okay. Nak pergi dengan siapa?" ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEEEEEE asdfgfklls so Alya and I made plans already, I'd go with Alya's housemate, Tahirah's, family. Hewhewhew and my dad just agreed with us! YASSS

Alya did most of the itinerary, she booked the accommodation, the transportation, the tours, everything. I'll share the cost and itinerary of our trip at the end of this summer vacation posts!


I booked the same flight as Tahirah's family, which was on the 17th July 2018.

Kami book Emirates, flight 7.45pm waktu Malaysia dan transit di Dubai (DXB) selama 11 jam lebih, kemudian sambung perjalanan ke Heathrow Airport, London (LHR). KUL to DXB was about 7 hours and 30 minutes, DXB to LHR maybe around 7 hours. Sorry tak kira la pulak berapa minit sebab lama and punggung pun kebas, tapi duk melayan Harry Potter and The Avengers atas flight ahaks x)

The flights were great, and Dubai Airport was huuuuuge! Tahirah's dad booked hotel rooms for us to stay for one night (sebab transit 11 jam). So, to clarify here, for Emirates:

  • You'd get a free stay in the airport hotel IF your transit time is between 8 hours to 24 hours AND the flight that you choose with that duration is your last choice, means there isn't any other available flights with less than 8-hour transit.

In our case, there were other flight options with less than 8-hour transit but we didn't opt for it because a 2-hour transit would be risky and the 4-hour transit was full.

Oh, okay, so harga flight tickets return is RM2703 per person. For me, quite ok lah, at least tak sampai RM3000. Could've gotten lesser than that if Alya's university had given the graduation date earlier, but oh, well! We did what we could hehehe

In the flight with Tahirah's family

The flight from KUL to DXB was nice, I think it was a new model, IDK, because the screen was big and the touch screen was better than I had ever encountered in MAS. The screen tu macam size Tablet Samsung yang paling besar kot (I don't know...tak pernah usha Samsung tab ahaks) and the seating was quite spacious, I think?

I watched Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone and Age of Ultron if I'm not mistaken. If I had more time, I'd watch all 8 Harry Potter movies and all the Marvel films YES I'M CRAZY LIKE THAT

Lol what is this
I ate chicken biryani something. And I kept asking for more water. Lol and I FREAKING LOVE THE BUTTER THEY SERVE IN FLIGHTS I WANT A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF THOSE BUTTER!

The food. Sorry bad quality due to lighting ahaks

We arrived at Dubai Airport at midnight. There weren't many people because yeah well it's midnight.


And then I took a video. The airport was really nice??? And pretty???


We checked in at Premiere Inn Hotel. The one with the crescent moon sleeping on its logo. There's a free shuttle bus to the hotel, so we took that. The hotel was like 10 minutes from the airport? Have I mentioned that the airport was huge???

Uh, okay so... There were eight of us, so Uncle got us three rooms, and three or two persons per room.

Kami solat jamak Maghrib-Isya' (the time difference is three hours apart, Dubai lambat tiga jam), showered and then went straight to sleep. Subuh was around 3-4am and we woke up at three, solat and mandi (again) and bersiap untuk pergi airport.

This is me and Tahirah's eldest cousin and Tahirah's mother

Our connecting flight from DXB to LHR was at 6.35am and after breakfast and everything, we boarded the plane en route to London! I watched Captain America: Civil War and slept a bit. Well then after 7 hours or so... WE ARRIVED IN ENGLAND! Toilet check first and then we beratur like crazy (long lines) at the immigration gate.

Took some photos at the "Welcome to London" signage after reclaiming our baggage. Alhamdulillah beg semua selamat dan tak hilang. And then lepas phone dah connect dengan WiFi Heathrow Airport, terus call Tahirah and Alya nak tanya diorang tunggu kat mana. They came with a minibus from Nottingham.


Pictures upon arrival!

We've arrived!

Tahirah's family was very nice and her aunts were quite chatty. Aku ni memang onz ah kalau borak dengan orang tua hshshshshs rasa macam dah termasuk sekali dalam family tu sebab panggil diorang pun dengan panggilan Acik, Ateh semua ahaks! Kita ni budaya lain sikit, adik-beradik mak aku semua panggil nama je takde panggil Along ke Angah hehe

View of the Heathrow Airport from outside (WHY ARE THERE CONSTRUCTIONS EVERYWHERE)

Boarding the minibus, we headed to Tahirah's friend's house to put Tahirah's family's luggage at the guy's place because they'd be coming to London again later on. Alya and I went around taking pictures (of me lol) and also... selfies!

Pretty sky featuring pretty girls

Then sempat bervideo call dengan family di Terengganu :') I even forced Kakngah to wake Ummi up at almost midnight HEHEHE sorry mommy

Here's a neighbourhood in London and me and the minibus at the left hand side

Dah settle letak barang semua, kami pun meneruskan perjalanan ke Nottingham, which took about 3 hours kot. And then after checking in Tahirah's family at a hotel called Travelodge in the city (Nottingham), Alya, Tahirah, Tahirah's mother and I took an Uber to Alya and Tahirah's place. I unpacked a bit, solat, mandi.

Alya ordered some pizzas and before they arrived, we gulped in some Sriracha Samyang (new flavour! it's kind okay for me) and then we ate the pizzas macam tak makan seminggu hshshshshs Afterwards we gossiped a bit and expressed our "TAK PERCAYANYA DAH SAMPAI SINI" feelings and went straight to sleep.

Alya kept complaining "Panasnya panasnya" whereas me, I was trying to not wear my sweater. The weather was okay that night, but during Subuh?! Subuh was at 3am, I was shivering and I put on my sweater and sambung tidur after praying.

It was a very long journey but I felt refreshed after getting some sleep at the hotel. I felt safer in the presence of Tahirah's family, sebabnya kalau tak, I'd be traveling alone and I've never traveled alone overseas. The Emirates flights were kinda cool, this was my first time traveling aboard Emirates, before this kalau pergi oversea selalu naik MAS je. Also, I thought I could handle a seven-hour flight without peeing, but I was wrong. To think that I could handle a 14-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to London, LOL! Nasib baiklah family Tahirah ambik flight yang ada transit, kalau tak, lagi barai duk atas flight 15 jam kihkih.


AAANNNNND THAT'S ALL FOR THE DAY OF MY ARRIVAL IN THE UK! Stay tuned for more! XX

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts