Bibliophilia #1: Twilight

Twilight (Twilight, #1)

Title: Twilight (The Twilight Saga #1)
Publication year: 2006
Rating: 

Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife-between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

First, I was watching Twilight, my sister bought the CD. And then I saw Edward Cullen. He was so pale and...scary *or so I thought*. And then I saw my cousin's Twilight book on one of our mini-library shelves. Needless to say, I fell in love right away. Of course, some haters would think I was an unlucky girl for having Twilight as my first-read book. Oh well. Haters...are gonna hate. :D

In this book we are introduced to Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, the Cullens, Charlie, James, Victoria and Laurent. There are a few parts told about the werewolves (because it's very unpopular at the time lol). It is all about Bella adapting to her new school amidst meeting a gorgeous pale inhumanly beautiful guy who is apparently a sparkling vampire. And they just...fall in love. It's a forbidden love thing-y. Of course it is. Can you find other books that don't have forbidden loves? Lol.

I'd rate 3.5 stars of 5. It's very common, you can Google it. Lewlz. (or maybe when I first read it I had even rated it 6 of 5 stars lol because I was so naive or something wahaha) But time passes and dramatically my experience in books has increased sooooooo I've found better books and Twilight only gets 3.5 stars. Oh well! At least it didn't get 1 star or 1/4 star lolololol.

To people who don't like vampires, weak annoying and stupid heroines, don't read this book. To some Harry Potter fans, also, do not read this book, you'll start comparing and you'll be just annoying (and honestly Harry Potter IS better than Twilight thankyouverymuch).

My World | via Tumblr

Movie released 2008

Comments

Popular Posts